Nenagh Boat Club
Welcome to Nenagh Boat Club. Nenagh Boat Club was first established in 1883. The subscription was £1 per year. The timber construction clubhouse located looking out over Dromineer bay was built a few years later along with stables to house members’ horses. In 1894 the pier which still stands on the shoreline in front of the clubhouse was constructed to provide safe mooring for boats and it was improved over subsequent years. In 1899 a lawn tennis court was added to the facilities for members.
The club relocated to its current premises at Illaunagore in 1988. Over the years it has expanded to provide berthing for 130 boats together with a modern clubhouse incorporating a meeting room, kitchen and storage facilities.
The aim of the club since its inception has been to provide facilities for rowing and angling on Lough Derg, the largest lake on the River Shannon.
Angling is a year-round activity on the lake and the annual highlight is the Mayfly season from late April into May.